Friday, June 16, 2006

Remembering back the things we learned

.
I keep coming into my own blog, stays for awhile and ended up venturing to my friend's blog instead of updating. ^^;; Today Cubbie finally commented "you haven't updated your blog". Although her intentions was for me to fangirl about Kevin Larken together with her but I haven't even met the guy. At least his name appeared on my blog neh Cubbie?

Anyway, this post is just something I read that I want to remember. I just sketch it down on paper since I don't own the book and I bound to lose such a paper sooner or later. So I guess I quote it here. That way I can share it out to others as well.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

  • Share everything
  • Play fair
  • Don't hit people
  • Put thing back where you found them
  • Clean up your own mess
  • Don't take things that aren't yours
  • Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody
  • Wash your hands before you eat
  • Flush
  • Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you
  • Live a balanced life
  • Take a nap every afternoon
  • When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands abd stick together
  • Be aware of wonders - Remember the little seed in the styrofoam cup, the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that
  • Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even little seed in styrofoam cup, they all die, so do we.
  • And then remember the Dick and Jane and the first word you learned- the biggest word of all, LOOK

Taken from the book "All I need to know I learned in kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum

*shrugs* too bad I don't know the story about Dick and Jane, so I can't really relate to the last one but I really like it. And if you read the book it explains how true all these are. Even as adults, these are really the basic things we need to know. Want to know more, go get the book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea.. at least his name appeared. -.-" You will never follow my instructions, being ma vice manager of his fanclub.

Mwahahaha!

<3

Jovin Wong said...

being the vice manager, i'll probably be the one doing all the work -_- while the manager is in charge of fangirl. lol..