Saturday, August 13, 2011

[L.E.P.A.K series: London] Chapter 9: Yummy...


Wondering what Mr Man is looking at?

Well, hopefully he's not reading this blog but in all possibility that he is, then
"Hi there, Mr Man! Please don't be offended by what I'm going to say because I don't mean it to be an insult. Just a light-hearted humour." Here goes...

Monkey See, Monkey Do.

*grins*

You see. We were busy taking pictures of our umm.. 'destination' because hello, tourists here! *points to self* In come along Mr Man in his smart suit, stopped, looked and decided to join in the fun and took some photos using his phone as well. Hahaha.

Always glad to inspire others.

*smiles*

So where is this 'destination' we're talking about anyway? If you've followed my previous posts, you'll know the answer is....


Harrods!
We were pretty bummed that Harrods was undergoing some construction work while we were there. Kinda ruined the pictures. :(


But that didn't stop us from taking more photos! :P


We actually didn't quite make it here after spending too much time at Tower of London but we have a few short hours to spare before our pre-booked time slot for Madame Tussauds, so we decided to give it a go. Oh and here comes some travel advice! ;)

Hiyashibeeps' L.E.P.A.K Travel Tips No.8:
If your schedule is tight or you simply want to utilise your time to its fullest, take note of the opening times of each attraction you're planning to visit. Schedule those with later closing times last in your itinerary. For instance, Madame Tussauds' last admission time is from 5.00pm to 5.30pm and you can stay in there till 7.00pm. So why head there during the afternoon when you can go somewhere else that closes at 4.30pm. Right? *winks*

Oh right. So back to Harrods shall we?

With only that precious hour to spare, we head to the one section
NO ONE SHOULD EVER MISS in Harrods.


The Food Hall!


I was looking at all that food and salivating. It didn't helped that we had nothing since a survival breakfast that morning. Shocking right? I did not feel hungry till I saw all that food in front of me.


PIES!

Surprisingly the food was not ridiculously expensive. Quite affordable in fact. I felt like buying every flavour and try a little bit of everything. If only I live there, I'll probably drop by after work and buy myself a different choice of food every day. Even so, I bet I can go on an entire month without any repeats! Yum.

To further proof my point.


Foood...


and more fooood!


Even the lady behind the counter is just as charming
with her matching top hat and apron.


I somehow managed to do some 'grocery shopping' here. Bought myself some cute little bottles of jam with equally cute illustrations of London's various attractions, some Thyme biscuits and a bottle of apple chutney claimed to go superbly well with roast pork. Even though my family rarely eat roast pork these days, we still have our ways of enjoying the chutney. Yum.

The only boo point of the food hall is that we couldn't find anywhere to actually sit and eat our food. Which was good. Hahaha. Because there and then, we decided to head over to Hyde Park which was only about 5 minutes from Harrods to enjoy our lunch-tea-dinner meal of the day.


*sigh*



The view that greeted us as we stepped into Hyde Park.

Never have I seen bare and botak trees to be that pretty. Hahaha. Remember I mentioned about how I will come by every day to buy myself a meal from Harrods? Well if that happens, you'll see me sitting here every day to enjoy it as well. Lovely lovely isn't it?


As we unpacked our food, furry horses passed by.


Sooo furrrry.


As for the food?
Look at how crazily packed my salmon pie was! It's crazy loaded with chunks of salmon.
YUM for the third time in this post.


And that's it. We're off to see giant figurines next. :P


No comments: