Sunday, February 05, 2012

They Rise to Take Over the World


Woke up this morning to a Facebook wall filled with standing eggs. 

Apparently, this phenomenon marks the start of the spring equinox. 

Here's an extract from an article from New Straits Times,
"When the sun crosses the equator, making night and day equal on all parts of the earth, 
an egg can stand due to gravitational forces of the sun being aligned with the earth. 
Auspicious to the Chinese, Feb 4 is also known as Lup Chun day which marks 
the beginning of spring. A standing egg is seen as the symbol of spring and a sign that 
all of nature is balanced and in harmony." - Read more here.


Well, I'm not too sure about being in harmony.



They look like an army of eggs ready to seek revenge 
for all the eggs we have eaten. 

*shudders*

It is indeed a little freaky don't you think? Or is it just me and my crazy mind? 
I mean it sort of feels like it is something against nature yet it is in fact, 
occurring because of nature. Hmmm.

That aside, among the many photos I've seen on my Facebook wall, I had to say 
the above taken by Yen-san is my favourite one among all. I knew I had to 'stole' it 
with permission of course because I didn't managed to get a shot at this little 
phenomenon myself. 


Well there's always next year...



No comments: