Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nursery Rhymes 02: The Edited Version

Woke up way too early for a Saturday today. There are only few good reasons that can make me sacrifice my precious weekend late mornings. FOOD! *grins* Good ole' Dim Sum! Do I even need to declare my love for that sumptuous breakfast?

So it was no surprise that sis went crawling back to bed around noon. (-_-);; I myself am not a nappy-person. Never was since young. Mom didn't raised me to take afternoon naps. No after-school-naps. No snoozes. Nothing.


Mom's theory: After at night cannot sleep how?!

HOW?!?


But somehow my sis got away with it. Hmm... was I too much of a good girl? *puts on her most innocent look* So there she was on her bed getting ready for a nap when the quirky me took over with a sing-song-voice...

Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?
Sister Jan, Sister Jan?

And she began to stir a little, fidgetting on her bed as I continue...

Afternoon bells are ringing! afternoon bells are ringing!
Tit tit tit tit tit, tit tit tit tit tit.
*last line to be sung to the tune of the basic Nokia SMS beep*

And it was SPOT-ON!
She broke into laughter!

Sis: HAHAHAHAHAAHA!

And mind you, she's pretty proud of her quirky elder sister.
Right Jan?


On a side note: "Brother John" is originally a French nursery melody called "Frère Jacques".


No comments: