Tuesday, July 03, 2007

When it comes to job...

I have a friend working in Singapore and if I'm not mistaken, I heard it's her third job. Not sure if it's true but I'm glad she finally found the right one. =)

I have a friend working in Singapore and he complains about the competitiveness, his incompetency and how the job is slowly eating him inside out, making him loose the confidence he had carried throughout university life. I felt the change in him and it was not a good change but as far as I know... he's still there. *swt*

I have a friend who finally decided to take that leap of faith and went down Singapore last week to try to get herself a job, a good job, the dream job. =)

But that's enough of Singapore.

I have a friend who finally call it quits last week after officially working for one year. Moved back to her hometown and now helps out in her family's business.

I have a friend who almost got herself a court case over contract issues regarding her job. Not too sure about the details but am just glad it's all fine now.

I have a friend who when first started working asked me this question, "how long do you plan to stay in the first company before moving to the next?". It has always been her intention to seek greener grass in Singapore. *urgh.. -.-;; what's with Singapore!" Ironically, after 7 months, she decided to give her fullest to her current job and now after settling down, the thought of venturing to our neighbouring country actually scares her a little.

I have a friend who works in a bank. I make fun of him by calling him a "loan shark" becomes its his job to get people to pay their debts to the bank. He's been depressed for awhile and sms me that he is thinking of resigning. What's his plan I asked. "Maybe I'll go back into animation." =)

I have a friend who currently stays at home, indulging in her own creation and passion. Better still, she's doing it with a grant in hand as well. Good for her! However, she shocked me a few days ago by being so sensible. "I think I rather save the money, buy myself a car and get myself a stable job."

Who else is there?

Oh ya and then there's me!

It's officially one year for me. Call me simple, call me easily content but don't call me not determined. I might not have any complains but it was a big bold move for me to go this path I now journey. To have a job offer waiting upon graduation yet I seek for something many would have thought was out of my league. I didn't exactly graduated with it as my forte. It was more of a passion. But that's the wonders of learning right? It's not fixed with a paper. And who would have thought... My first interview. My first job. And if you still insist on my feelings after a year of work? Hey it's a job with the usual ups and downs. Now tell me which job doesn't and I'll tell you... umm.... just how naive you are.

Hah... so says a more matured Hiyashi.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder the Singapore's worker.. doesn't include me right. ?? But my friend's here (Rob, Seen, Lock, Siew Wan, Raph) all are doing fine.. although some of them change to their 2nd job.. but the 2nd 1 ofcoz is better than the 1st 1..

Well.. cheers girl. ya lucky~!

Peekaboo

Anonymous said...

I wonder the Singapore's worker.. doesn't include me right. ?? But my friend's here (Rob, Seen, Lock, Siew Wan, Raph) all are doing fine.. although some of them change to their 2nd job.. but the 2nd 1 ofcoz is better than the 1st 1..

Well.. cheers girl. ya lucky~!

Peekaboo

Jovin Wong said...

Yes it includes you. But I guess what I heard was not true then since you can't identify yourself. My bad! ^^;; Now where did I heard that news from then. Hmm...

Cubbie said...

Oooo!! Good post. So many different paths taken by different peeps! Hahaha. And I could identify a few of them. :D Congratz on your 1st job anniversary!

Jovin Wong said...

Thank you! Thank you! Those you know basically you got them right. Those you dunno is cos.. well you have no idea of all. Okay, that was redundant.

And I save the best for last, didn't I? Hahaha.. so now everyone who makes an effort to read these comments will know which is you and what you're doing. *snickers*

Snowflake0715 said...

beep beep... thank god i still can survive in my own hometown. ^^;; whose not right? Good luck with all the Malaysian Singporean's workers. haha